Words without barriers

Tuesday 7 June 2016

A Song without Words: Metaphor Poetry Part 1

My family is a piece of music
My mother is the paper
Upon which we scribble reminders and
Imprint our countless mistakes
She is not impatient but
Bears with our pencil marks,
For all mistakes can be erased
My father is the chords
Sometimes in dissonance
Sometimes in perfect chordal harmony
Like pillars on a page,
They provide a root
For my brother’s simple melody,
For his notes that are sometimes bossy
Never in perfect pitch
But makes up for with enthusiasm
My grandma is the aria
Once dazzling
But what beauty time took away
She replaced with elegance and grace
Finally, me, the overly ambitious ,
4 voiced part that never sounds right
No matter how hard I try
It’s a tune that sounds like a little
Of everything put together by
The careless wave of a distracted composer
But if you listen to it closely
Put your ear to it, for it doesn’t wish to be heard
You might discover the beauty
It hold underneath

No comments:

Post a Comment